Bend Startup Weekend is less than 10 days away. We have close to 50 attendees already but we want more. The more attendees, the livelier the event and the better mix of talents we can achieve in teams.
If you’re on the fence about attending, here are 5 compelling reasons why you need to get off that fence and register now:
- You don’t need to have the next great business idea. The success of Startup Weekend relies upon more than just good ideas; it needs people to contribute to turn ideas into actual businesses. Even Mark Zuckerberg had co-founders. Every successful idea will need between 4 and 6 team members to turn it into a reality over the course of the weekend. If you don’t have an idea, you get to choose your favorites and join a team of your choice.
- Many Startup Weekend businesses have gone on to attain funding and success. Zaarly has received over $15 million in funding since it’s formation during Los Angeles Startup Weekend in 2010. Local investors in Bend have already taken an interest in this event.
- This is a fun, highly educational and dynamic event. Even if the concept you work on doesn’t achieve success, the experience is highly rewarding. You will learn how to accelerate an idea to early-stage business, how to analyze market opportunities, and pitch ideas to investors. All great skills to know and practice for those interested in entrepreneurship.
- Bend is a great city but it suffers badly from the boom and bust cycles our national economy experiences far too often. Establishing a thriving entrepreneurial community would result in a more stable, growth-oriented local economy providing some protection from the erratic cycles of the national economy. We all have our part to play and Bend Startup Weekend is about stimulating the creative thought and collaboration needed to create successful local businesses.
- We have free beer from Crux Fermentation Project. Enough said!
Any questions? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to register. See you on the 16th.
[article re-posted with permission from http://bend.startupweekend.org/2012/11/06/5-reasons-why-you-should-attend-bend-startup-weekend/]